Sunday, February 3, 2013

Barcelona Mission: (Hospitalet) Week-12 2013

This week was wild! It is so great to have Hermana Jorgensen in our piso with us. She is wonderful and such an example to me. I love her so much. Her companion, Hermana Barrera is great as well. Of course, my companion, Hermana Rivera is amazing also! We are still working very well together.  I am so grateful for the patience and love of my companion. She is great. Starting Thursday we have been working hard even though our numbers do not show it. We helped Hermana Jorgensen a little before she met her companion. I showed her around her area a little bit and we went with her to a couple of citas. I gave her my best advice and the elders and all of us discussed the people in her area. We have just a couple more citas together but mostly she is on her own and kicking off well. She has such a good attitude. I look up to her a lot. I am so excited for her to work in that ward because the members are amazing! I know that once she gets the hang of it, everything will work out and they will see success!

Meanwhile, our area has been waiting for us! We have been canceling citas because of being sick and then because the other Hermanas came. We finally got back into our area Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. It was booming. We were running from house to house and contacting anyone and everyone on the way. It was wonderful to be up and working again. My companion and I were so excited and we saw so many miracles. This week is packed with citas, we hope to get to all of them in time. Not to mention all of the referrals we have been receiving that we need to contact. We have so much work to do, it is so exciting! I continue to take the medication prescribed  by the doctor and I hope to have a working right ear soon, so that I could even better the work here in our area. We are so blessed. There is so much to do!
A miracle was when we were left with some space in our day and we decided to stop by a referral named Delia. We had a lesson 0 with her and it went very well, but then she fired on the next visit and didn´t answer our phone calls. We thought to visit her because we were in the area. We rang her bell and no one answered. A man came out of the building so we decided to enter and maybe leave a note on her door. We went to the third floor and knocked her door. She didn´t answer. Hermana Rivera started writing the note and I started praying to decide which door to knock first (Delia´s neighbors). A man left one door and quickly walked away. That left 2 doors to knock. I started praying again and as soon as I walked up to a door, Delia opened her door in a towel. She ushered us to come in. This was like 10 minutes after we knocked her door. She told us that she was in the shower and felt that she should check the door even though so much time had passed. She was so happy to see us and asked where we have been. She couldn´t wait to say a prayer and we had to set up another cita so that we could get to our next visit with some members. It was just a little miracle showing us that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and that Delia needs to be baptized!
We are working hard and we are happy to do it! Thanks for your encouragement and love. We have a lot to catch up on for 12 weeks because we were both sick, but at least we are doing it and now we are in sync with the rest of the mission. There are people waiting to get baptized in our area and we will find them!
Hope you are doing well. I love you all. The time is going by so fast! I am trying to enjoy every minute! Keep reading  your scriptures and praying every day. It´s the difference between night and day when you do and don´t read.
Love, Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment